Tis the season for all that is Halloween!
1. "But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." - Evan Peters
2. "It's said that All Hallows' Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin - and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright." - Erin Morgenstern
3. “Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.” — Sir Francis Bacon.
4. "There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world." - Jean Baudrillard
5. Never let your kids buy an off-the-shelf Halloween costume. Forbid it, no matter how close you may be to the witching hour. Instead, help them make their own. Encourage them to use their imaginations and their ingenuity. Show them that what can be created is often better than what can be bought. And besides, don't the darkest, most frightening things live inside us anyway? - Joe Kita
6. “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” — Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
7. “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” — Robert Brault
8. “The farther we've gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we've come to need Halloween. Paula Curan
9. “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” - Mason Cooley
10. "Nothing on earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." - Steve Almond
11. “Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on.” - River Phoenix
12. “There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.” - Joseph Conrad
13. “ A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween.” - Erma Bombeck
14. “If ever there was a holiday that deserves to be commercialized, it's Halloween. We haven't taken it away from kids. We've just expanded it so that the kid in adults can enjoy it, too.” - Cassandra Peterson
15. “If human beings had genuine courage, they'd wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” --- Douglas Coupland