Pâte Brisée (Pie Dough)
- Whisk together flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add 1 Cup cold cubed butter, and use a pastry cutter to work the dough until the pieces of butter are no larger than small peas.
- Drizzle cold water over the dough. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to work the water into the dough. Do this until the flour is all incorporated and the dough is shaggy. Give the dough a few kneads until it forms into a ball.
- Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
Strawberry Rhubarb Filling
Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough into a rectangle that is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a small knife to slice the dough into 6 even squares. Transfer the squares to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper one at a time. Fill half of each square with strawberry rhubarb filling. Using your finger, trace around the outside of each square with cold water. This will help to seal the dough together. Carefully fold the dough over, encasing the filling. Use a fork to crease the edges of the dough. Repeat this process for each hand pie.
- Use a pastry brush to give each hand pie a light egg wash. Take a knife a carefully put a slit on the top of each hand pie, to help them breath.
- Bake the hand pies for 20-25 minutes, until the dough is golden. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
RRecipe and Photos via Krista's Baking Co.
Click the links below to share with friends!