A list of some of the most badass hotels that we've ever seen.
1. Kasbah du Toubkal, Morocco
Located in Morocco's High Atlas Mountains, Kasbah du Toubkal is a beautiful destination hotel. Besides the views, you can easily travel to nearby Marrakech to soak up the culture.
2. Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, South AfricaThis beautiful hotel is located on the edge of the ancient Milkwood Forest. It's also a huge proponent of sustainable tourism. It's Green Futures College teaches local young adults about conservation and best practices in eco-tourism.
3. Kapari Natural Resort, GreeceKapari hosts a beautiful combination of greek heritage and modern luxury. The founders actually built this place by restoring family owned cave dwellings that are over 300 years old.
4. The Brando, French Polynesia This hotel is located just twenty miles from Haiti and insanely beautiful. The Brando (badass name) is accessible only to hotel guests and researchers as it's located on a private island.
5. Southern Ocean Lodge, AustraliaBeautiful views are to be had all around the Southern Ocean Lodge. Also, it's located on a place called Kangaroo Island. Can you get any more Australian than that?
6. Pacuare Lodge, Costa RicaThe Pacuare River is one of the most scenic rivers in the entire world. So, it's only fitting that the hotel that shares it's name is equally scenic. Visitors actually have to take a raft on the water to get there.
7. Fogo Island Inn, CanadaFogo Island Inn is an architectural beauty and Canada is filled with natural beautfy. The bottom line is that this place is bound to be amazing for any traveler out there.
8. Rubondo Island Camp, Tanzania
The island camp is situated on Lake Victoria in Tanzania and it's also home to quite a few endangered animal species. You can spend your time relaxing and experiencing rare animal life.
9. Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, South AfricaHere, you can safari in style. You can also view big game just by taking a look out of your window. Lions and tigers and elephants, oh my!
10. Sakau Rainforest Lodge, BorneoThe Sakau Rainforest Lodge sits on Borneo's Kinabatangan River. Hope you don't mind elephants and orangutans because they've definitely lived here for a long time and still do.
11. Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort, CanadaFamily owned and only accessible by helicopter. This place is really rad. It's smack dab in the middle of the Great Bear Rain Forest in British Columbia. Nature tours, Yoga, and an all inclusive experience await you.
12. Sayari Camp, TanzaniaSayari Camp is located just a few miles from the Kenyan border and a true paradise. If you've ever wanted to experience the Serengeti, this is the place for you.
13. Tswalu Kalahari, South AfricaThis is South Africa's largest private game resort. Beyond the scenery, wildlife, and accommodation, it comes complete with a really sweet spa too.
14. Lizard Island, Australia Australia is obviously killing the game here. I mean, they've really got it going on. This place is stunning and if you ever visit you have access to The Great Barrier Reef. Why is Australia so cool?
15. Tierra Atacama, ChileIf you ever come to visit this place, you'll get to explore the natural beauty of the landscape and have an adventure. You'll also be rewarded at the end of your adventuring with an epic spa and hotel experience.
16. The Ranch at Rock Creek, MontanaThis is my favorite place on the entire list. No, it's not the most exotic or luxury place on the list at all, but it's in the good ol' USA. This place is located right near some awesome national parks and sits at the base of the John Long Mountains. Talk about fresh air!
17. Three Camel Lodge, MongoliaIf you decide to pay this place a visit you'll get to stay in a Ger, the traditional Mongolian felt tent in the picture. You'll also be able to take comfort in the fact that your money goes towards paleontology research and the reduction of poaching in the area.
18. Mashpi Lodge, EcuadorThis immaculately designed hotel is located in the heart of the Ecuadorian Rainforest. Talk about the best of both worlds!
19. Zhiwa Ling Hotel, BhutanThis place looks traditional on the outside, but on the inside you have a completely handmade interior design complete with heated floors for the colder months. No, you won't be roughing it if you come here, but you will have an amazing experience.
20. Longitude 131, AustraliaAustralia is just crushing the hotel game on this list. Have you ever wanted to find yourself in a minimally designed hotel right in the middle of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park? Well, here's your chance.
21. Tierra Patagonia, ChileLast on the list, but certainly not least is the Tierra Patagonia. This is the perfect place to stay while exploring one of the most beautiful places in the entire world.
All photos and even more information on these wonderful hotels can be found over at National Geographic.
Sign up for our email list to to see more great travel destinations.