Whiskey Oat Cookies
Whiskey Apple Compote
Step One: Whiskey Oat Cookie
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter (room temp.)
3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 1⁄2 Tbsp. whiskey
1⁄4 Cup + 2 Tbsp. flour
1⁄4 + 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1⁄2 Cup quick cooking steel cut oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, cream together with an electric mixer the butter and sugars.
Cream for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg yolk, beat until combined, then add the whiskey and beat until
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the mixer and
beat until combined without over mixing.
5. Stir in the oats.
6. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2
inches in between cookies.
7. Bake for 13 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Step Two - Whiskey Apple Compote
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. water
1 C. whiskey
1. Core the apples and dice them finely, with or without peel.
2. Put the apples in the sauce pan with the other ingredients and stir it all together.
3. Turn the burner on to medium heat and bring to a soft boil, once boiling reduce
the head to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the liquid is gone.
4. Remove from head and mash the compote lightly with a fork or pastry cutter.
5. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Step Three: Combine
The final step is to sandwich the ice cream and compote in between two cookies and eat them all.
Recipe From Our Friends Snoqualmie Ice Cream.