5ml baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
50ml butter, melted
fresh blueberries (to add to the frying flapjacks and extra to serve) syrup, to serve
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine the egg, milk, butter and ricotta in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
- Gently mix in the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a warm, non-stick frying pan. Add a generous tablespoonful’s worth of blueberries to each flap jack (on the un-cooked side) before flipping over.
- Remove the flap jacks from the pan and keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with syrup (I prefer Maple) and fresh blueberries.
via Simply Delicious
For more things like this in your inbox every week sign up for our email list.