Here is how you can get drunk the old fashioned way:
1. Sugar Cube
2. Angostura bitters
3. Soda Water
4. Ice Cubes
1. Place 1 sugar cube in glass
2. Add 2-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
3. Add 1 Splash of Soda Water
4. Muddle (smash) until sugar is dissolved
5. Fill glass with ice cubes
6. Add whiskey to the top of the glass, stir.
7. Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry
For a sweeter drink, add more sugar or muddle a peeled orange slice along with the sugar and bitters. For a weaker drink, use less whisky and top with soda water. Use just whiskey, sugar, and bitters to make the Sazerac (swirl the glass with absinthe and dump out before filling for a true one).
Recipe via AOM